Saturday 7 June 2014

Day 7 | Five Favourite Songs

Source
Like a lot of people I'm sure, music is a very important part of my life. Whilst I have no idea how to play an instrument or even read music I do know how much it can make a difference to your mood. Different songs can pick you up when your feeling down, lyrics can help you make sense of things when your mind is all over the place. Sometimes music will just be on in the background whilst I get ready in the mornings but then there are times when I just sit down to listen to certain songs, to take in their lyrics and enjoy the music. Its been quite tough to pick just 5 favourite songs but these I think I've done a good job narrowing it down. These are in no particular order...

Carrie Underwood - Just A Dream - The first time I heard this song I cried, now not just a little tear, I sobbed. I told you I was a cry baby. Its about a young girl whose boyfriend dies whilst serving his country and the words just really hit deep. Although its such a sad an emotive song I still cant help but play this all the time even after all this time.

Nadia Ali - Rapture (Avicii Remix) - I don't know what it is about this song but when ever it comes on in the car its like I HAVE to put the windows down and turn it up loud! It really makes me dance and sing along, and because of that I love running to it because it gives me lots of energy! 

Jason Mraz - I Wont Give Up - Every couple has a song right? Well this is mine and Allan's song, it has such a personal meaning, its like it was written for us! It was only right that it ended up in my favourite 5.

Mr. Probz - Waves - This is a new favourite of mine, its definitely going to be my summer song! Its really chilled out and I just love Mr. Probz voice on this song. 

K-Ci & JoJo - Crazy - One of my favourite films is Save the Last Dance and this song comes from its soundtrack. Shock horror its another slow and soppy number but this has a really R n B vibe as it is from the R n B gods K-Ci & Jo Jo. I love the video because it incorporates bits from the film and the lead male is hot! 

So I think from my favourite songs it just confirms that Allan is right, I am the biggest wet lettuce going, but I just cant help being an emotional person! Dont think that I just listen to the slow stuff though because that's not the case at all, but I tend to just like what ever is popular at the time! 

What are your favourite songs? What kind of music do you prefer? 
You can read all my posts from the 30 day challenge here. 


No comments :

Post a Comment