Sunday 1 June 2014

Day 1 | My Blog Name


Thinking of a name for my little place on the internet was the hardest thing ever! I really wanted to get started with blogging but I knew I couldn't rush the name as it would stick and I'd be reluctant to change it once I'd got started. I had my boyfriend and mum on the name hunt but everything they came up with I seemed to turn my nose up to. Although I wanted to write about beauty I didn't want the name to be specific as later down the line I may have wanted to change the direction of the blog. 

After what seemed like weeks of adding names to the list and immediately crossing off, I finally had a light bulb moment. I was going through a bit of an obsession which generally happens with me, I was addicted to crime thrillers, specifically the Alex Cross series by James Patterson. Those of you who have read or even started to read the series may know where I am going with this...Well I had just started reading Along Came a Spider and had the film on repeat constantly, and just couldn't help but think what a ring Along Came Kelly had! So after consulting with Allan and my Mum it was decided, Along Came Kelly was born! 

That's day one of the 30 day blog challenge completed, only 29 to go. You can read all about the challenge here. If your taking part please do leave your links below as I'd to read your posts. See you same time tomorrow. 


2 comments :

  1. I think its a really good name for your blog, it definitely has a ring to it! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, doesn't quite have the same meaning as yours does but I think it works :) xx

      Delete