Saturday 3 May 2014

Mascara Cull


With so many mascaras on the market these days I cant help but want to try every new one that pops up so I often have 5/6 mascaras on the go and a couple more unopened waiting in the wings. Some promise more volume, or longer lashes but its hard to come across one that will make me want to repurchase. I'm very much a drugstore kinda gal when it comes to mascara as lets face it they don't last too long and I don't want to be spending £20 upwards when I can get something as equally as good in Boots. Now that's not to say I haven't  on occasions picked up a MAC or Benefit mascara when I've been at the till! 

I figured it was about time I had a bit of a clear out of mascara's - some of them had been sitting there for sometime looking sorry for themselves. 

For me its all about length, I love the look of long lashes and if the mascara helps with volume then its a bonus. My favourite mascara that I have come across is most definitely one I am going to have to repurchase no matter what, its the L'Oreal Telescopic Extra Black. This little beauty gave me the longest lashes without sticking together to give that awful spider leg look, I am very sad to see this one leave from my stash but very happy when tomorrow I get a shiny new one! I have to admit I do fall for a lot of beauty hype and more often than not will purchase something on a whim, this is exactly what happened with the Avon Mega Effects Mascara. I was so intrigued by the applicator that I just had to hunt it down. Unfortunately it was such a disappointment, it was really hard to apply and didn't do anything for my lashes apart from darken them, no lift, no curl, no volume, not my cup of tea. 

Just before Christmas Soap and Glory did their massive gift set which of course I couldnt help but pick up and included in there was the Thick and Fast Mascara. So many people raved about it and I could see why, my lashes looked so voluminous but didn't give me my much loved length I desire. Does anybody else get upset/frustrated/annoyed/confused when a brand discontinues one your favourites? Well thats how I'm feeling about Rimmel Sexy Curves, I love this mascara as its a really all rounder. My lashes look fuller, longer and gives a really good curl, its my perfect every day mascara but Rimmel went and discontinued it *sadface*. But its does mean that for a short while Fragrance Direct have it at the bargain price of £3.99. Excuse me while I go and stock up

The last one that is going off to mascara heaven is L'Oreal Miss Manga, another one of those pesky hyped up products that just didn't do it for me. I couldn't get along with the wand, the bristly brush didn't catch all the little lashes and I just ended up with clumpy messy lashes although I have to say I did like the stylish black and pink packaging! 

I cant wait to get my new mascara's on the go, its such a satisfying feeling putting on a fresh mascara although I do find it a little daunting as I never know if it will live up to my precious Telescopic! 

What are your favourite mascara's? Do you hoard them just like me?

K x

No comments :

Post a Comment