Thursday 12 June 2014

Day 12 | My Favourite Childhood Book


Growing up was so fun, but at the time all you could think about was becoming a grown up because you could do what you wanted when you wanted. Little did I know that I would give anything to go back to the days when I didnt have a care in the world. 

I was a pretty big book worm when I was younger. My mum encouraged me from a young age that reading was fun and I loved it. Whilst I don't remember any of my favourite books when I was really young, one part of my childhood I do remember is Jacqueline Wilson books! I loved them. All the different books she had (and still does have!) was amazing, I'll always remember wanting to be the first to read her latest books. The thing that drew me to them first off was the colourful covers, each with its own little illustration which ran through the book. Each book had a different story line with some books running through a series. 

On our regular trips to the library I always headed to these books first to pick out one I'd yet to read! Whilst I cant for the life of me remember any of the storylines I do know that at the time they had me smiling from cheek to cheek and sometimes having a little tear when they got sad! 

Doing a little research now I can see Jacqueline has written so many more books with I can just imagine are as good as her old stuff. I wish it was socially acceptable to read these at the age of 23! 

What books do you remember from your childhood? Did you read any Jacqueline Wilson books? 

You can read all my posts from the 30 day challenge here. 


1 comment :

  1. They were so good wasn't they! Shall we bring them back into fashion hehe xx

    ReplyDelete