Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 4 | My Dream Job

Credit
I am happy to admit that I am most likely the least career driven person you will come across. Now that doesn't mean I am lazy bum who sits at home all day because that's most definitely not the case. I have worked full time since I left college all them years ago, working in a busy hotel on front reception and now in a one of the areas top estate agents. I feel I work very hard in a highly pressured stressful environment and for now its working, but I have totally different ideas when it comes to my future career. 

Although pretty controversial, my dream job (when the time is right) is to be a full time stay at home mum. I want to be there to look after my family, watch them grow and be the best mum and wife I can be. Whilst I know some people would think this is a bit of cop out and that I should want to have my own career and life, I would say the opposite. I am a very traditional person and choosing to give up a career for your family is a very respectable thing, it means you are putting your family before anything else to make sure that your children have the best upbringing they can have. This doesn't mean I don't have respect for working mums or think that their children would have less of a better up bringing, I can only imagine how hard it must be to juggle everything all at once and I dont want to have to compromise. 

I've seen the situation from both sides. My mum had my sister (Abbie) when I was five and from then until I was about 10/11 she didn't work, even when she did go back to work it was during school hours so she was always around before and after school which I loved. Whereas on the other hand my step-mum went back to working full time after my two sisters (Alice and Emily) were born. Whilst we all had a good different upbringings I do feel that staying home and looking after my own children will ensure I can give them my undivided attention. 

Luckily my boyfriend feels the same so hopefully when the time is right I will be able to step into my dream job of being a Mum. 

What do you think about stay at home mums? What would be your dream job?

You can read all my posts from the 30 day challenge here. 

2 comments :

  1. Aww so sweet, it all depends on the person. I've been a stay at home mum for over 4 years now and its great, I just couldn't bare being apart from my son lol, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say its totally personal choice, I just know (well hope) it would work best for me and what I want from a family :) I don't think I'd want to be away from my children either - when I finally have them lol xx

      Delete