Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 10 | Best Trip of Your Life






Back in 2012 me and Allan went on our first city break together! For me it was the first time a holiday abroad didn't mean cocktails and lazy days by the pool, but it was such an amazing trip! 

We visited Rome on a lovely hot Septembers weekend which was just perfect. We spent the days wondering around all the usual sights, taking in all the culture which usually I hate. My favourite trip was when visited the Colosseum, you just don't realise how big its going to be! As we were walking around you could envisage thousands of people sat in stands waiting for the next gladiatorial event to start, there was just so much to take in. 

We ate lots of yummy ice cream which was one of the highlights in the food department, unfortunately we were left very disappointed with the food that was on offer in Rome. It seemed a lot of food was precooked and then frozen until required as a few restaurants were trying to win us over by saying the food was cooked from fresh, which I kinda of hoped would be the case throughout. Later we realised that we were going to all the commercial tourist friendly places so next time round we'll do our research first as Italian is our favourite type of food!

The trip to Rome really taught me a lot of things, mainly that history and culture isn't as boring as I had first thought, I just need to take a slight interest and soon I'll be hooked! I also learnt that if your walking round a city for hours on end for a few days make sure you bring comfy shoes and drink lots of water! My poor feet were so sore by the end of the weekend, I was grateful for the plane ride home to have a rest! 

No comments :

Post a Comment