Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day 3 | My Favourite Quote

Credit
I'd like to say that I've read lots of heartfelt books where I've scribbled down the quotes and live by them but instead I spend hours scrolling through Pinterest finding quotes that fit my current situation. It was pretty tough coming up with just one favourite quote as I do think there are so many good ones out there but when I first saw this one it struck a very deep chord in my life.

Its not about 'having' time. Its about making time. 

Quite often I don't get things done because 'I dont have time', I mean of course I have time, I'm not super busy 24 hours a day. I just prefer to do other things, read - be lazy. I say I want to go to the gym but I just don't have time after I finish work at 5pm when in reality I have plenty of time, I just need to factor in one hour into my evening of surfing the web and pampering myself. Which in all honestly even a nice pamper session in the evening has been given the cold shoulder because I would prefer to rush everything and jump into bed so I can refresh my Bloglovin feed to see if anything new has come up. 

So from now I'm going to stop using the excuse I just don't have time and I'm going to start making time. Making time to go to the gym. Making time to cook a proper dinner rather than something quick and convenient. Making time to choose an outfit in the morning rather than staying in bed an extra 5 minutes and chucking on the first thing I see. We all have the same amount of hours in the day, just some people take advantage of them more than others. Lets all make time. 

Whats your favourite quote? Do you think you make excuses and not make time for things?

You can read all my posts from the 30 day challenge here. 

2 comments :

  1. I love this quote!! I total know how you feel, I always say I ran out of time but instead a sat on my bum for 30 min once I got home from work instead of tidying or doing something important! I have loads of fave quite and like you i'm forever on Pinterest pinning more and more lol!

    Really loving your 30 Chanllenge and thinking of doing it one month too! Well done!!

    Just Hannah xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so awful of us isn't it! I did the same thing last night, I said I would write up a couple of posts before dinner but instead spent 2 hours scrolling through twitter! God help us eh?!

      The challenge is really tough actually, I thought the titles were pretty simple but its so hard to think! Especially the facts post.

      You should do it! I'd love to read your version. One bit of advice though - plan ahead! I wish I wrote up more posts over the weekend xx

      Delete