Wednesday 2 July 2014

Empties #4


This post would have been up hours ago if my sister hadnt forced invitited me to Nandos, well who can resist chicken and halloumi cheese? Definitley not me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love reading and writing these posts. Tried and tested products with mini reviews all tied up in one pretty little blog post!

Superdrug Vitamin E Gentle Eye Make Up Remover - I love a good Vitamin E product, nice and gentle non offensive smell and pretty moisturising and that pretty much sums up this one too. It did take a few swipes to wipe off stubborn mascara, so dont be thinking this will take off Benefit They're Real with ease but will tackle most non waterproof make up. 
Would I repurchase? Yes

Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint 3-in-1 Cleansing Water - I didn't have high hopes for this, I've gone a bit meh for micellar type waters but this turnt out to be a winner. Didnt dry my eyes out like some waters do, didnt drag or leave a horrible reside behind. The only thing that is putting my off repurchasing is the price, £10 for only 100ml! 
Would I repurchase? If I have some spare pennies

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream - When my finger tip reached the bottom of this little tub my heart sank a little. I love this stuff teamed with The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum in Oil, I even dedicated a blog post to the pair here so I wont harp on about it any longer. Well other than, try it! 
Would I repurchase it? Yes

Batiste Dry Shampoo Dark Brown - There's always going to be a dry shampoo that pops up somewhere. This little guy I got for free when I was out shopping in Brighton, score! Like most I love a bit of Batiste and the Dark Brown version is a favourite as there is no white caste, but still does the job like the original. 
Would I repurchase? There's always 1 waiting in the wings

Soap and Glory Flake Away - Need a never ending tub of body scrub? This is the stuff you need. I felt like this was sitting in my shower for so long even though I used it regularly. It was a really good scrub, there was enough abrasion without being drying as it did leave a slight silky residue behind which personally I like. As with most S&G products its very sweet smelling, my sister said it smelt like holiday which is down the Shea Butter, sea salts and almond oils. 
Would I repurchase? Yes

ELF Daily Brush Cleaner - Spot cleaning brushes is important, aint nobody got time to clean a brush each and every day. A couple of squirts of this on a cotton pad, and a quick swirl of all the brushes you've used that day means the brushes are cleaner for longer. This little bottle kept me going for quite some months and the squirty top really helped. I'm using the No7 one at the moment and the pump is AWFUL! For £3.50 you cannot go wrong.
Would I repurchase? In bulk 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - There was nothing dramatically different about my skin after using this. I've the little 30ml bottle on the go for about a year now, just using it for travelling as its so diddly but honestly I wont miss it. Maybe my skin just didnt get on with it but it would take ages to soak in as it was quite thick. I've now got a mini of the new version, hopefully the formula has been improved this time round. 
Would I repurchase? Nope 

Burts Bees Pink Grapefruit - If your into your lip balms you'll know that this is a winner in the moisturising stakes. I used this every morning before putting on my make up, it left them feeling nice and smooth whilst the smell really perked me up. Not usually being a fan of pink grapefruit I wasnt sure if it would be my bag but I was wrong. The good thing about the formula is that its not soft like the Baby Lips which means you don't get through it so easily. I'd now love to try more in the Burts Bees range. 

Would I repurchase? When I get through the 100s of lip balms I have on the go at the moment

Out with the old in with the new ;) 
Have you tried any of these bits?

6 comments :

  1. A great post, I love reading empties. I always get that horrible tummy feeling when I reach pan or the bottom of something I love!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the feeling again the other night on my Emma Hardie Cleansing balm :( I think another empties will be coming very soon lol x

      Delete
  2. Vitamin E moisturisers are my favourite, something about the smell of them - I love it! I may have to buy the ELF brush cleaner now, my MAC one ran away from me when I moved house :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo how was the MAC one? I'm tempted to get that as my next one, but its quite pricey! xx

      Delete
  3. I love empties posts! I finally did my first one recently. Love the sound of the night cream so need to investigate that one - also love nandos so glad you enjoyed!x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really good night cream, I do like the botanics range! I'm a bit of a Nandos addict, I just love that chicken! xx

      Delete