Monday 3 November 2014

Spending Ban | Christmas Edition

Source
So back in January when I first started my blog (I cant believe its coming up to a year!!) I put myself on a spending ban to help get on an even keel at the beginning of the year. January is a horrendous month mainly because I get paid pre-NYE so most of my money is gone by approximately 00.02am. But also because there are sales here there and everywhere which are too bloody good to pass by. So this year I'm taking a different tact, I'm going to do a pre-Christmas spending ban between now and Boxing Day!

Of course this is going to a personal ban so I'm still allowed to buy Christmas presents...although I could save a whole load of money cancelling Christmas but I'm no Scrooge! 

So the rules are as follows....
  1. I can only buy essentials, such as deodorant, toothpaste, shower gel etc and only if I have no back ups
  2. No magazines
  3. No new clothes (apart from one Christmas party outfit)
  4. No make-up or skincare
  5. No unnecessary lunches/dinners/coffee shop trips (I'll miss you Costa!!) 
  6. No iTunes purchases 
Hopefully this will not only save a few pennies ready for my March adventure but will also help my family buy gifts for me as at the moment I just buy whatever it is that I fancy, making it super difficult to buy for!

So here we go, only 52 days to go.....
Oh damn, 52 is a lot of days :(


6 comments :

  1. 52 days will whizz by before you know it. It's hard to save around this time of year anyway, parties and nights our mean new outfits and Christmas presents etc. can also cost a fair bit, so I think this is a really good idea, Good Luck! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling already :( but every little helps I suppose! xx

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea. Good luck! I may have to try this in January...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think everyone should try it once in a while but maybe not for 52 days...

      xx

      Delete
  3. Whew, good luck! I wouldn't be able to do the 'no clothes' or 'no iTunes purchases', so hats off to you!

    Cristina
    http://cristina.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far not so good, its a lot harder then I thought. So many winter clothes I want to buy! xx

      Delete