Tuesday 4 February 2014

Oops, I Went Shopping


So its February, which only means one thing. Spending ban is well and truly over! I've been waiting for this day ever since the ban started on 1st January. But boy has it been worth it. I have to admit that out of the products I bought I only actually needed one maybe two of the products but hey all in the interest of research ;)

So as you can see from the picture up top I did get quite a few bits and pieces so I thought it would be easier to split it all up into make-up, skin care and extra's. So keep reading to find out why my bank account hates me right now!




I knew I didn't need any more lip products but you know when you try not to buy something and it just makes you want it even more? Well yeah that happened. Unless you have been living under a rock the last few week's I'm sure you've seen the storm the new Revlon Colourburst Balms have made and I just wanted to see what all the hype was about. I like the original Just Bitten Kissable balm stains so wanted to see how the new ones compared so I got Elusive in the matt version and Flirtatious in the lacquer. As it was 3 for 2 on Revlon I couldn't walk away without a new Lip Butter, I love the formula of these, they are so creamy and although not long lasting they do give a lovely pop of colour, I went for Macaroon. Whilst in Boots I picked up another little tube of my favourite bottom lash mascara Maybelline Great Lash. Mac was the next stop on the beauty train and I could of spent all day in there swatching but I did restrain myself and just get a couple of bits. Firstly I got a Lustre finish lipstick in Lovelorn, this is the perfect light pinky colour that gives a little wash of colour. I then got a new eyeshadow refill in Star Violet. I tried to get a good shot of this but my camera just wouldn't pick up the gorgeous copper metallic running through it. I'll dust up on my photography skills and will show you all soon. 


Skincare is a bit of a weakness for me, I have drawers full but in all honestly I dont know how to use half the stuff to its best advance! So hopefully you'll see less skincare hauls as I slowly start to get to know the products I do have better. Space NK is a shop I love, I often find myself aimlessly wondering around the shop not really knowing what I actually need want. This was one of those occasions, I orginally went it to see if they had the new Nars blush palette but when they said they didnt know when it was coming in I got a bit confused and disoriented and the Emma Hardie Cleaning Balm fell into a bag and my card flew at the sales assistant! It was a very slap dash purchase and I'm kinda regretting it. In all honesty I wish I had gone for this so I could have tested out the cleansing balm and the other products for less. 

As the Botanics All Bright range was on offer I thought it was the perfect chance to try out the toner which is supposed to be a dupe for the Pixie Glow Tonic. Again I didn't need another cleanser in the slightest but hey it was on offer! I've been a big lover of the original Effaclar Duo as I really find it helps unclog my pores and great rid of those pesky breakouts I tend to keep getting, and with the new one promises to help heel red marks too - score! Just what I needed and it was on an introductory offer too. I'd seen Garnier's dupe for Bioderma on a few blogs lately and as my usual L'Oreal version was running low I thought it was a great time to pick it up, you get a lot more product for a similar price to the L'Oreal so whats not to love. I have yet try it but will write a review soon! 


As you may know from other posts of mine, I've had a bit of trouble sleep recently so decided to tackle it head on with a few different products. First off the This Works Deep Sleep Night Time, I couldnt find this particular set on the website but included is the pillow spray and the balm. I've tried the pillow spray before and wow its good, hopefully the balm will give the extra boost of Zzz's. As I was wandering the aisles of Boots the Sleep-in-a-Box really caught my eye. Its totally different to the This Works set as this focuses on things you can use before you even get under the covers, there's a bath float (that's bubble bath to you and me), oil for hair and body, body polish and a butter. They all smelly really good and I cant wait to try them out. 

I'm really like the subtle nail look at the moment so without even realising I picked up two very similar colours. One being the Rimmel Salon Pro (the polish of choice) in Oyster Pink and the other being You Just Wait from Sinful Colours. As I've already got a couple of MAC shadows I thought it would cheaper and more space efficient if I was to pick up the Pro Palette x4, I was tempted to go for the larger 15 pan option but that was asking for trouble! Lastly I picked up the Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Repair Mask because I have the worlds biggest frizz ball that I like to call hair. It needs all the help it can get in the moisture department and anything promising to tame my unruly barnet is going in my basket! 

Wow, that was a long one! If you made it to the end I salute you. I do realise that every post of mine seems to be really long and I apologise but when my fingers start typing I cant control it! I hope you don't mind my long rambly post's, hopefully they're what makes you come back :) 

6 comments :

  1. WOW that certainly is haul and a half! I bet your happy now your spending ban is over!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda guilty about it all now, I have no self restraint when it comes to shopping! But super happy the spending ban is over, although I'm ready thinking of imposing another one. I really need to be saving rather than spending but I just want everything in sight lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the rimmel salon pro polishes-they are so great!i haven't tried the one u bought though!id like to try some more cos I've only tried about 4:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good polishes arnt they! I'd love to get a little collection going, they are affordable which is always a plus! x

      Delete
  4. I'm such a fan of the Garnier Micellar cleansing water!
    I've been wanting to try the This Works pillow spray. I am not a very good sleeper either! I currently use Molton Brown Yuan Zhi Room Fragrance on my pillow, I find the scent really relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Molton Brown did one, I'll have to have a look out for that. I can imagine it's a little on the pricey side though? xx

      Delete