Wednesday 8 October 2014

Daydreaming about Decor

I'd bet my last Babybel (yes I adore them!) that I'm not the only one that has gazed in wonder at Pinterest's Home Decor section, am I right or am I right? I'm not going to lie, home decor is not one of my strong points, I always have an idea of how I want things to look in my head but find it difficult to translate into real life. At the moment I'm quite thankful that I only have my bedroom to contend with as I still for the moment live at home with my parents. I'd love my bedroom to have a minimalistic vibe about it but I just love knick knacks too much, I've got decorative candles on every ledge, yes decorative - god forbid I was to light them. Whenever I'm out shopping and see something cute that would match my room I just have to pick it up without even giving it a thought as to where it would go or what I would do with it! 

When I do move out I would like to take a slow approach to decorating, as otherwise I'd be like a bull in a china shop and it would be total mish mash as there are so many different styles that I like! The plan is that I'll be moving in with my boyfriend who recently brought a flat which is currently a total blank canvas which definitely needs some girly home touches, I've already dabbled a little by buying Allan his first candle - which of course hasn't been lit yet ;)


I just love the white minimal look with adding a little dash of colour, especially in the bedroom above, purple is my favourite colour so this is definitely something I'd love to recreate! Owning a cute colour Smeg fridge is on my bucket list, and the way it fits into a white kitchen is just adorable. For now though I'll have to stick to daydreaming and pinning away to my hearts content! 

Dont forget to check out my Pinterest boards here, and leave
your link too - I love to waste spend hours
endlessly searching. 

1 comment :

  1. I can lose hours on Pinterest!! I love minimalist decor, too, I can't stand clutter!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete