Monday 24 March 2014

My Mini Mac Palette


MAC products are only something that I have been dabbling with for the last 6 months or so, I had always gazed from a far but always thought it was all a bit too expensive. That was until however I started reading blogs, much to my bank balance's dismay. Although MAC make up is on the more expensive side - not the most expensive by any stretch of the imagination, Tom Ford I'm looking at you - I do think you get what you pay for in terms of quality and longevity. 


One of my first MAC purchases was one of their eyeshadows in Shroom, a satin finish off-white shimmery shade that is perfect for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes and using under the bottom lashes to brighten up your eyes. I often use this shade over the top of MAC Bare Study as they are both similar colours and it's perfect for a natural eye look, I often do this for a quick work look. 

Next up we have All That Glitters, this is one I am sure you have heard of before, it seems to be a staple in the blogger community and in all honesty this was one of the reason I bought it, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Its a dark beige colour with gold pearl shimmer running through which is the perfect colour for a smoky eye when paired with a darker brown.

My third and final MAC eyeshadow is my newest purchase. After 2 neutral shades I felt it was time to add a bit of colour to my lids, in walks Star Violet. Although in my swatch it looks pretty brown in person its more pinky purple, being a Velux Pearl it has a gorgeous pearly shimmer running through it. I have to say its not the most pigmented eyeshadow it is very buildable so you can be as adventurous as you want to be.

I really like the idea of making your own palette as you do get to choose the colours that you want and there is so much choice you could spend all day at the counter choosing! The only downside for me is the price, £10 for a refill pan (to pop in the Pro Palettes) or £12.50 for a single is a lot considering you can buy a Naked palette for £37! Nonetheless I'm sure I'll be picking up a lot more in the future!

What are your favourite MAC eyeshadows? Do you think MAC is over priced or worth every penny?

K x

No comments :

Post a Comment