Tuesday 11 March 2014

Empties #2


I love these kinds of posts as its like lots of mini reviews all wrapped up in one post. Much like January, during the month of February I was trying to use up lots of old products as I had lots waiting in the wings which I wanted to try out. 

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution - Taking my eye make-up is always a chore but with micellar waters it makes life a lot more simple. This was the first one I had tried and I really liked how easy and effortless even waterproof mascara was removed. It did sting my eyes a little if too much was used and I did feel a lot was wasted when you put it on the cotton pad as it squirted everywhere! After repurchasing this a few times I have since brought the Garnier version which is pretty much the same, but you get a lot more product for your dollar. 

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - Cleansing my skin has never been so relaxing, this smooths on so nicely, it has a lovely aroma and makes a real difference to the texture of my skin. It has cocoa butter to soften, smooth and moisturise which it really does. I feel it really helps break down all my make up from the day and you can even use it to remove eye make-up. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and really clean! For £14 a bottle it is a little on the pricer side but I do think it is worth it. I'd look to buy this is the future, but maybe buy a bigger bottle as it works out a lot more cost effective. 

 Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Intensive Mask - I was really sad to come to the end of this pot of dreams. First off it smells A-M-Azing, just like a holiday in a hair mask. Its designed for dry damaged hair, which my hair definitely is, I used this one a week to give my locks a quick burst of hydration. Straight away I could feel and see the difference it made to my hair, it was stronger, softer and shinier which is all good in my books. I'm not much of a fan of any other products from Herbal Essences, although the smells are gorgeous but this is one product I'll be picking up again once I've used up a few different samples I have hiding in the cupboard. 

REN Invisible Pore Detox Mask - This was my first ever REN mask, I got it back in November in the British Beauty Blogger box and I have to say I wasn't exactly wowed by it. I got 3/4 uses out of this little tube which is really good but I felt that it didn't do anything that a cheaper mask couldn't do. I do have quite a few large pores on my nose which I was hoping would look a little better after using the mask but I couldn't really tell a difference. For me this isn't something I will be looking to get in the future.

Lush Snow Fairy - This was my first ever Lush shower gel - shock horror! But my gosh I chose a goodun! I love sweet scents and smelling this was like smelling heaven. I'd seen so much hype over this product but couldn't believe that a shower gel could be so amazing, I was very wrong. I remember when I mentioned to my boyfriend I'd brought this he rolled his eyes as normal, but he soon changed his tuned when he used it later on! I cant wait until next Christmas when this comes back again, I'll be added a few big bottles to my basket. 

Dead Sea Spa Magik Cleansing Facial Wash - You'll soon notice I have a lot of little samples, all of which I get from beauty boxes, and this is no exception. In the mornings I like to use a foaming cleanser as they really wake me up and they are quite light on the skin. Although this is a foaming cleanser it has the finest foam I have ever seen, it was like cleansing with air, it really gave a good squeaky clean and smelt really fresh - perfect for first thing. It even has the added benefit of fighting bacteria which with my current spotty phase is really handy. I'm fully stocked up for facial wash at the moment but may look to get this in the future.

Baylis and Harding Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf Hand Wash - This massive bottle (500ml) has lasted me months! I got this as a gift for my birthday all the way back in May and although I used it numerous times a day it just never seemed to go anywhere! Rose isnt my most favourite scent, in all honesty I normally try to avoid it as it can be so over powering but the Raspberry Leaf really tones it down and leaves your hands smelling gorgeous. I'd love to try the Lavender scent in the future. 

L'Oreal Ever Sleek Shampoo - Normally I am not fussy about shampoo and conditioner, as long as it cleans my hair and smells pretty good I'll use it. Obviously I got caught up in all the hype of this range, but unfortunately I just don't know what the attraction was. It didn't lather up at all so in turn didn't coat my thick hair very well, I know that this is down to the no sulphate solution but surely that's what you need in a shampoo. After using this and the conditioner I felt like my hair was greasy and needed a good wash already. In the end I gave this to my boyfriend, and even without prompting he commented on how crappy it was, although he did use it all up in the end. 

No doubt my empties box will soon start to build up again - there's nothing more satisfying then finishing an old product and starting a fresh new one! 

K x

No comments :

Post a Comment