Monday 31 March 2014

Review | Sanctuary Spa Sleep-In-A-Box





Sleep doesn't come easily to me these days. I know I'm tired and could sleep for a week but my brain has other ideas. It likes to play the game 'What would you do if...' and starts making up all these hypothetical situations that never in a million years could happen and makes me toss and turn with worry! So when I was wondering the aisle of Boots this little set caught my eye, and not just the fact its my favourite colour - okay well that was the first reason! With the promise of reducing tension & stress and helping prepare for a restful sleep I knew it was something I needed to try.

With social media, phone, ipad etc etc turnt off I hid away in the bathroom for some me time. First off I used the Calming Luxury Bath Float which I have to admit didn't make the most bubbles but the smell made up for it 10 fold! As soon as the smell hit me I felt my troubles start to disappear, you could really smell the Ylang Ylang but it wasnt so powerful that it gave me a headache. Once in the bath I read a couple of chapters of the book I've got on the go, I felt so relaxed I nearly dropped the book in the bath! I then used Smoothing Silk Polish which I used on my legs, arms and the back of my shoulders, the light exfoliation felt just right on my skin, not too soft that I didn't feel it was doing anything and not too abrasive that it woke me from my soon to be slumber.

Finally I used the Comforting Night Butter, this I have to say was the star product. The smell was amazing, really calming and sleep inducing without a hint of lavender in sight! I always find that sleep products are packed with lavender which can be really over powering, so this was a big surprise. Although the smell is out of this world, dont be fooled into thinking that the moisturising properties are going to be lacking but its not the case at all! It rubbed in nicely whilst the smell lingered on my skin for a good few hours - enough time for me to slip into my fresh PJs and cuddle up in bed. That night I slept right through the night without a toss or turn in sight, it was heaven! I woke up feeling refreshed and a lot calmer then I could ever imagine.

Next time I will definitely be using the body oil - I must have forgotten it was in the box! When ever I'm feeling stressed and tired after a long day at work this is definitely the routine for me!  You can get this (slightly redesigned) set from Boots here for only £12!

K x

No comments :

Post a Comment