Tuesday 15 July 2014

Recipe | White Chocolate Blocks


Everyone around these parts knows that I'm slightly addicted to Pinterest so you wont be surprised to know that this is where I picked up this really simple but to die for chocolate treat recipe! I know I'm trying to make healthy choices at the moment I just couldn't help myself with this one. 

You only need 3 ingredients and your good to go!  
  • A bag of mini marshmallows
  • 2 blocks of white good chocolate
  • Sprinkles




 First off you need to start with melting the chocolate, I did this pretty easily in the microwave. Just put the broken up pieces into a non-metallic bowl (I don't think you need to ask why!) and microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure its all fully melted and there are no hidden pieces. When its ready stir in the marshmallows, making sure they are fully coated in chocolate. You'll need to work fast on this as if you take too long the warm chocolate will melt the marshmallows which is not what you want. 

Now you'll need to transfer the mixture into a dish, line it with greaseproof paper so its easy to remove. Push it all to edges of the dish and make its all even on top. Next up, make it pretty! Add sprinkles all over the top, I say more the better! Now for me the next step was the hardest...trying to find some room in the freezer! You want to chocolate to cool as quickly as possible so the marshmallows stay in one piece and don't turn into a sticky mess. After about 20 minutes take out of the freezer and let the yummy white goodness return to room temperature so you can easily cut it up.

See bet you didn't think it would be that easy to make such a yummy treat! These were definitely a hit in my house, so much so I think I'll be making a new batch very soon! Maybe next time I'll try mix it up and try some different variations. 

4 comments :

  1. This my friend looks AMAZING!!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so buying the stuff needed for these on my next food shop to make with my girls :) Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so yummy! I hope your girls loved them xx

      Delete
  3. Omg these look heavenly! Followed, please return the favour! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete