Sunday 27 July 2014

I Love A Good Tart | Yankee Candle Haul






 I love me a good candle, I find they can really change my mood within minutes and they help set a relaxing atmosphere! Yankee candles are my favourite as there are so many different scents for whatever mood you fancy. They are also really good value for money - who knew candles could be soo expensive (Neom, I'm looking at you!) When I saw that you could get 10 tarts and only pay for 8 on Yankee Direct I made my order pretty sharpish! 

I picked up a couple of my favourite scent ever, Black Coconut, a few summer scents but also couldn't resist some Christmas/wintery scents like Christmas Cookie! The thing I love with the tarts that you can try a scent on a small scale before biting the bullet and buying a jar. Although the tarts are small they do pack a big punch  when it comes to scent. I add a tart to my burner and light a little tea light and off I go. Although Yankee says the tarts can last 8 hours, I'd say they last a whole lot longer than that as I tend to burn 1 tart each night for a few hours and it can last a week or sometimes longer depending on the scent type of the tart.

I've started to store my tarts in a glass storage bowl as they are too pretty and colourful to store away in a drawer! Every time I walk passeed I cant help but take the lid of the container to get a wiff of the loveliness inside! 

Although I've never tried it you can mix up tarts to create your own scents which is such a good idea, I just panic that I may not like the scent I make so just stick with what I know. I have seen though that on the Yankee Direct website they give different ideas on Mixology, I like the sound of Laundry Day which is Fluffy Towels and Clean Cotton. I have both so may give that a try later on this evening, I'll keep you posted! 

Do you like Yankee Candles? What's your favourite? 



4 comments :

  1. I never thought of putting my wax tarts in a jar - such a nice idea :)
    Also Black Coconut is my favourite too!
    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Coconut is just amazing, burning it as we speak :) x

      Delete
  2. These look great in the holder! I just got my first yankee candle and I love it - smells so good :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete