Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Important Questions...

So the spending ban is well and truly over as I'm sure you can tell from my recent haul! I thought shopping would make me feel whole again but I can only say it made me feel guilty! I didn't need half (maybe even the majority) of the stuff I bought but I still went ahead and filled my bags much to my bank accounts dismay. With saving being my primary aim this year I need to step away from the till and keep my bank card safely in my purse! I thought it would be a good idea to ask myself a couple of questions before buying anything...

  • Do I actually need this? 
  • Do I have anything already that is similar/does the same job?
  • Am I only getting this because everybody is talking about it?
  • Will this product change my life? 

Looking through my skincare stash I found I had about 15 different types of cleansers, 6 toners, 5 night creams but no day moisturisers, which only goes to show I have no idea what I really need and have just been buying things willy nilly. 
Panic buying is also a very big problem of mine which can only be confirmed with my recent purchase of the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm but more on that another time! I need to take time to think about the above questions, if I'm still thinking about it a three weeks later then and only then can I consider buying it. 

I'm sure everyone has seen 'The Blogger Made My Buy It' tag which also goes to show that we owe a lot to other bloggers for enabling us to buy all sorts of things, whether its that new palette or the latest pastel coat. Although I do believe that reviews help immensely when it comes to choosing the right products it does also encourage spending especially for someone like me who has little no will power. 

From now I am going to use my 4 trusty questions, I'm going to do my research into products and think about it for a bit longer before taking the plunge! 

Do you guys have willpower when it comes to spending? What do you do to resist the latest talked about products? 

2 comments :

  1. I'm with you one this one!!! I always feel guilty after shopping but half the time while I'm walking around with something in my hand I talk myself out of buying it!!! I cant win!! Im defo going to be using your 4 questions also i'm trying to do my research before I buy things find out the best product and the best deal! gotta love a deal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to be drawn into buying things that you don't need! More research is definitely the key! Finding a good deal is alway good but I'm just impatient lol hopefully the questions will help but at the moment I keep using the 'it's for research purposes' excuse lol xx

      Delete