Saturday 1 February 2014

Empties #1


January for me was all about using up old products. With it being a no spend month I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get rid of all the old, ready for all the new products I'm planning to get now it's all over! My first empties post is quite big as I have been at the end of a few things for a little while. So lets get into it...

Dove Essential Nourishing Lotion - This is a formula devised for dry skin, its supposed to give 10 days of hydration, what a very ambitious claim! I have to be honest and say that there is no way on this earth it gives your skin that amount of hydration. Its a great every day body moisturiser, but I did tent to use under my arms more than anything. It doesn't have too much of a smell about it and does sink into the skin nicely but I'm not sure I'd repurchase again as there are so many more available that I think do a better job.

Benefit That Girl Face Primer - Benefit products always have a place in my heart and this primer is  no different. Its really brightening, but not in the way that you look like a disco ball. It glides on really nicely and preps the face ready for foundation. On those days when I want a lazy no make up day, I always use this to perk up my skin. I've already purchased the full size version although it is taking a bit of a back seat thanks to the Garnier 5 Second Blur which is my go to primer at the moment. 

Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation - You didn't believe me when I said I liked Benefit products did you? This was my first high end foundation and its one I will keep going back to. This is the I'm so money, honey colour which I do think is a little dark for me so when I go back to repurchase I'll definitely look at the light shades to get the perfect colour. I would say this was a very build-able foundation and does a great job at masking blemishes and redness but in no way does it look dull. With the added SPF 25 its a great summer foundation. 

Sanex Dermo Repair Shower Cream - For me the thing I loved most about this shower cream was the smell. It's hard to put my finger on what it actually is, it just smells very clean. When I used this I always felt super clean and my skin felt nourished. This claims to help repair everyday minor everyday skin damage, which I cant tell too much as I think you'd have to use for quite some time before seeing any difference. Again as with the Dove lotion I'm not sure I would repurchase as I don't tend to be loyal to shower creams or gels as I usually go for whatever is on offer at the time. 

Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof - I have very fond memories of seeing this is my mums make-up bag as I was growing up although she went for the non-waterproof version with the lime green top. Because of that I purchased this a while back without knowing this would turn into a holy grail product for me. Yes you heard it right, I think this is amazing. Not for a top lash mascara as you might think, this is perfect for your bottom lashes! With the very small brush its easy to coat all the small lashes without turning into a panda. Reluctantly I added this to my empties container, but I knew it was the end as it was starting to smell. This will definitely be something I repurchase for years to come although I have been tempted by the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara but the price tag is putting me off when I can get the Great Lash for £4.99. 

Cutex Moisture Guard Nail Polish Remover - Taking off nail polish is the bain of my life. I love having painted nails but I'm for ever removing it as I'm not allowed to wear it for my beauty course. Because of this i tend to go through polish remover like its going out of fashion. Cutex have a great range and I find this one really does make my nails a lot whiter and keeps them from breaking. I always have a back up of this under my sink. 

This Works Deep Calm Pillow Spray - As mentioned in my last Wishful Wednesday post I cant wait to repurchase this. I find it really helps me to switch off and drift away to the land of nod. I give my pillow a couple of squirts, let it soak it and then cuddle up. At £16.00, it is a slightly higher end product for me but I do feel it makes a big difference. I would like to try different products from the range, especially the candle. But for now I cant wait to get my hands on the full sized version. 

Anaatomicals Body Scrub - I received this in my first Love Me Beauty box a few months ago. It has a nice fruity smell and a very glupy gel formula. I did find that the scrubby bits were not as abrasive I usually like but it was good for everyday use. Using this before shaving my legs gave a really smooth finish. I love the quirkiness of Anatomical products but I don't think this particular product will make an appearance in my routine in the future. 

So there you have my first empties post, now I can finally get rid of the empty bottles! Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned?

Now the spending bad is over wahoo! I'm planning the shopping trip of all shopping trips so keep your eyes open for my first haul! 


2 comments :

  1. I'm looking at getting a beauty box, can you tell me about the one you get is it Love Me Beauty Box? whats it like?

    Just Hannah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good beauty box! I've received the Love Beauty one a couple of times, that's a good one as you can pick and choose if you'd like to receive it and there is a choice of 3 menu's so you can choose the products to suit you. I kinda of prefer it being a surprise which is why I now have a subscription to Birchbox. I've also had Glossybox but felt that I wasn't getting value for money and had been disappointed for a few months running so went on to Birchbox. Bitchbox you seem to get a lot more goodies and its a good mixture of make up, skincare and a few lifestyle extra's too! I like Birchbox over any of the others as I do feel like you get brands that have heard of but also some that are not so known as I like trying new things. I hope that helps xx

      Delete