Monday 10 February 2014

Mad About Mascara


I'm going to admit something here that I'm not proud about, but hey we're all friends right? I have an addiction. A very bad addiction I am addicted to...Mascara. Phew, that felt good getting that out there, its what they say isn't it, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem! No-one needs to know that I have no intention of recovering from this particular addition though. Currently I have 11 mascara's on the go. I know, I know, I have one set of eyes but man do I like those eyes looking gooood. Some mascara's that I have I hate with a passion for one reason or another and I should probably think about getting rid but I can be a bit of hoarder so we'll leave that for another day.

Today I am going to talk (well blog) to you guys about my favourite three of the moment. If you too have an addiction to Mascara (surely I cant be the only one?!) please be careful as I'd hate to be the one to make you run out to the shops to grab one - although I would strongly recommend you get all three while your there!  


For me its all about the length, I love me some good lengthy lashes and the L'oreal Telescopic Extra Black definitely helps out in that department. The plastic comb wand really helps to coat every lash even the teeny tiny centre ones that I always find hard to get to, and you can get right to the root of the lashes to help bring the lashes up and out. There is a normal black option but I tend to normally go for the blackest of blacks as what's the point of going to all the trouble of lengthening the babies if they are so light you cant see them. This is my go-to mascara, I use it so much that the writing is starting the wear away.



Next up we have my going out-out mascara (just me?), its the MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash. When I want that extra bit of oomph with my lashes this is mascara I pull out, it offers extreme length, volume and the deepest darkest black. You do have to work with this a bit as sometimes it can be a bit clumpy although there is a new hybrid version out that is supposed to control how much product is on the wand to help avoid the clumpy look. I would say that this gives Benefit They're Real a run for its money. I think both this and the Benefit option have similar brushes with the little knobbly bit at the end, and they are both a bloody pain to get off! 


What a sexy brush that is I hear you say, yep that's Rimmel Sexy Curves, this is one of the most amazing wands I've ever used. I'm sure you can tell by now that I'm a big fan of plastic wand's whether they are combs or bristles. I just don't like the natural bristles, I'm not quite sure why but I don't feel they give me the look I go for. Anyway, I'm digressing, back to the beauty that is Sexy Curves. This as the names suggests give a great curve to the lashes without giving the spider leg look. It holds really well, I tend to find with some mascara's that they fall down half way but this gives long standing curl. This one is brown/black as it was a gift from my sister - Thanks Alice! - but I'd say this has no hint of brown at all but does give that natural colour to the lases.

So there you have it you've all found out about my secret addiction! Soon I'll do a post on the mascara's that I don't like but cant rid, hopefully it will help make me throw them out! To make room for some new ones no doubt ;) 

2 comments :

  1. Weirdly, my favourite mascara is probably my cheapest - maybelline colossal cat eyes! If you haven't tried it, I totally recommend it! No other I've used has come close, my Benefit they're real sits in my makeup bag unused! :)

    http://enkephalins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Maybelline mascara - thats next up on my to buy list! I do love They're Real but its such a mare to get off that I tend to skip right passed it! x

    ReplyDelete