Saturday 22 February 2014

First Impressions | Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm


Do you ever go into a shop to buy one thing and one thing only, to then find they don't have it? There's then a mad panic because you cant dare leave the shop empty handed but you haven't preplanned another purchase! Well that was me in Space NK a few weeks back. I'd popped in to see if they had the new Nars palette in but it hadn't yet made its way into the shops. I should of walked out then but I had a little wonder around the shop seeing what I could pick up in its place. My mind was saying there's the door go through it but my body was having none of it and walked over to the Emma Hardie section picked up the cleansing balm and waltzed straight over to the till. £34 later I was shaking my head wondering what I was playing at! 

I'd seen review after review of this but it had never grabbed my attention. There are so many cleansers in my drawers that I didn't feel the need to add this to my stash but clearly something in me thought otherwise. It promises to thoroughly cleanse and moisturise whilst minimising the look of open pores. Now I'm not saying this doesn't remove make-up because it does, very well, its just not the amazing product that I had imagined in my head.



When I used this for the first time I couldn't help but wonder what the bloody hell was wrong with the scent! I know a lot of people rave about it saying that its relaxing and what not but for me it just smells likes plants, not flowers, plants. You know the type you find in your Grandads green house. So from the get go the balm was on the back foot. Now application wise it went on like a dream, gliding around my face like Torvill and Dean. I could really feel it breaking down my make-up, I just used one of my trusty Primark flannels to remove it with warm water and away came the days make-up. It did make my skin feel a little plump after use but I'd have to say that's where it really stops. I didn't notice any difference with my pores, which I have to say I do suffer with so maybe it might work better on someone who has less visible pores to start with.

Packaging for me is not that important although I do like things to look nice next to my sink which this does. I just find that the lid just doesn't ever sit right, it takes a few turns on and off to get in placed right and after 2 or 3 uses the plastic cracked! I had heard a lot of other people mentioning the poor packaging cracking, I had thought they had sorted this problem or maybe mine was not the updated version. You just wouldn't expect something that is on the expensive side of the spectrum to have naff packaging. 

Rightly or wrongly I was expecting such good things for the price of this balm but overall I feel that it does what any good cheaper cleanser can do. As I've only been using this for two weeks or so I do feel I need to give it a good chance to change my mind. Maybe I'll be able to get over the smell and fall in love - I really so or it would be a very expensive mistake to make!

Have you tried Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm? What do you think? What's your favourite cleanser?

No comments :

Post a Comment