Saturday 24 May 2014

Cheeky Shopping Trip




I just cant help myself. Whenever I'm bored it results in a trip to the local shopping centre and my card gets a bit of a bashing. Luckily this time I had a few Boots points to play with so my bank card was a little happier then normal. 

I'm a bit obsessed with finding the perfect foundation so I'm always picking things up left right and centre and this trip was no different. First in my basket was the Estee Lauder Double Wear, its much talked about due to its heavy coverage and long lasting abilities so I knew it was one I needed to try. Sticking on the base products I also picked up the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick, this one was on a bit of a whim although I'd seen a lot of people mentioning it I haven't really read too much about what its like - expect a review in the future! 

After my recent Mascara Cull I needed to pick up a couple of new mascaras to top the stash back up, after wondering around the aisle for what seemed like forever I decided on Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara which promises to lengthen and extend lashed by up to 99%, now I'm not sure about that outrageous claim but only time will tell! If you read my blog regularly you'll know I love Maybelline Great Lash as a bottom lash mascara but decided to see how it compared against Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara and so far I only have good things to say about it!

In need of a new night cream I decided to stick with Boot Botantics and opted for the Ultra Calm Night Cream offering. I haven't yet tried this but it will soon be in rotation. The last thing I picked up in Boots was a Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss in Cashmere Rose. I've heard these are very similar to the Clarins Instant Light Perfectors and as I have been lusting after them for some time I decided to pick up the cheaper option before splashing out. 

As always I went for a wonder around Lush, I love the smell more than anything else and although I told myself I didn't need to pick anything up I left with a couple of things, a Shampoo Bar Tin and 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion. I've got a shampoo bar from Lush but hadn't got round to using it as I wasn't sure what to do with it in between washes so when I saw this it when straight in the basket I shouldn't have picked up as I walked in! Recently Vicky from Describe the Sky had talked about her Lazy Day Skincare Routine and the 9-5 Cleansing Lotion was included, she said it was calming and quick and easy to use so I just knew it would be perfect for the evenings when I want to head to bed pronto! 

Although I love writing these posts almost as much as I love shopping I'll be cutting down now in favour of saving sigh its not my most exciting idea but it is the most practical one :( 

Have you been shopping recently? Leave your links below as I love haul posts! 

K x  

2 comments :

  1. Wow, you picked up some great bits! I also went on a bit of a shopping splurge recently! Opps! :)

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its difficult not to splurge isn't it? Too many products, too little time & money! xx

      Delete