Wednesday 7 May 2014

Review | Lush Sparkle Toothy Tabs




The idea of using anything other than trusty toothpaste scared me a little, could a little tablet clean my teeth and give me fresh breath? Well I was intrigued that's for sure. Lush seem to have lots of weird and wonderful things in their aroma filled paradise and I have to say this is one of the weirdest products I've come across. These small solid tabs are an alternative to regular toothpaste, they claim to clean and brighten teeth and also freshen breathe just as normal toothpaste would. 

Made with bicarbonate of soda, kaolin powder, citrus oil and pepper these little tabs are small but pretty powerful. At first I was very sceptical and even during the first use but actually it did a pretty good job! You take a tab and crush it with your front teeth and take your toothbrush and clean them as normal. Personally I hated the taste of these tabs, the citrus oils are taken over by the heavy taste of pepper. There's no minty taste in sight which did worry me but it passed the boyfriend breath test, so it must work its wonders in another way. However taste aside, these leave my teeth feeling and looking really clean. You know that feeling when you've come out of the dentist and cant stop running your tongue over your teeth? Well that's exactly what happens every time I use these tabs!

Not only are they good for my teeth they are also good for the environment as the packaging is recycled paper rather than than an aluminium or plastic toothpaste tubes. I cant say that I will indefinitely use these in place of my normal toothpaste but they will definitely be used a couple of times a week and when I'm away as they are so small and travel friendly with no chance of your clothes becoming a minty mess when a tube bursts! You can get these from your nearest Lush shop or online here for only £2.50 for 40 tabs. 

Have you tried these? How do you feel about swapping toothpaste of a more economic product? 

K x

2 comments :

  1. I've always spotted them when I go into store but I'm yet to pick them up. These really good, may have to grab some as an alternative when I'm away :)

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely pick them up to try, its always nice to try something out of the ordinary :) xx

      Delete