Wednesday 29 January 2014

Review | Estee Lauder Double Wear Light


Foundation for me, like most I'm sure, is the hardest thing to get right. Over the years I've tried plenty of foundations but I have yet to come across one that ticks all the boxes. Some have come very close, one being the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light . I've been interested in the Double Wear offerings for quite some time as I'm always on the look out for long wearing foundations as I find that with a lot I've tried they do not last the day, even when I use primer before hand.

With high end purchases I like to do a bit of research as I need to be able to justify paying more for things. I'd taken a look at the actual Double Wear but thought it may be too heavy so this looked like the perfect option to try, hoping that it would give me the longevity I desired, without the heavy cakey feel.



First of all the colour, I got matched to 2.0 which is the perfect shade for me. I like the option of being able to add colour with bronzer so I tend to opt for very true shades rather than one up, as its very difficult to lighten your foundation than it is to make dark. The coverage is sheer but can be built up to medium and gives a gorgeous glow to the skin. I usually tend to set foundation with MAC Studio Fix Powder but with this foundation I have found I don't need to, that even without it it can last throughout the day without any touch ups. It does claim to last up to 15 hours, normally I would never believe something like that but I'd definitely say that was true. I usually put my make up on around 7am and its still looking good at 10pm when I take it off.

Overall I think this is a great foundation, and is worth every penny of the £28.50 price tag. For me I tend to like the high coverage foundations which is why I cant call this perfect but its pretty damn close. I would suggest this to anyone that wants a light coverage with plenty of staying power.

Have you tried the Double Wear Light? Have you found your perfect foundation yet?

3 comments :

  1. I have the Double Wear foundation and sometimes can find it to be a little too heavy so this looks perfect! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really good option - especially if you can't touch during the day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find a good foundation really hard to find too!

    p.s. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read all about it in my latest post http://justbeinghannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/getting-to-know-me-liebster-award.html

    Its really good to do for use newbie bloggers!

    Just Hannah x
    Just Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete