Wednesday 23 April 2014

Game Changing Face Mask!






Everyone loves a good face mask, don't they? For me I like taking 20 minutes out of a busy week to sit down and relax - and my boyfriends like it because I have to be quiet! I have to admit that I never really see the benefits masks have on my skin, I thought maybe I haven't been choosing the right type of mask for my skin type but nonetheless I still use them without fail. That was until I tried the Dead Sea Spa Magik Algimud Active Seaweed Mask! I have never used a mask like this before, it was a total new experience for so many different reasons. 

First off I've never had a mask where I've had to make it up from powder. I obviously didn't read the packaging very well as I was quite surprised when I opened it to find a packet of powder and a wooden stick! Once you've added the required amount of water your left with a very thick somewhat gunky green mess. The instructions told me to apply thickly and to keep away from my hairline, eyes and eyebrows which is quite common with face masks so I kind of took that with a pinch of salt - FYI do not get this on your eyebrows! It hurts like a bitch to get off! The mask does set quite fast so do make sure you apply pretty quick as it can become unusable in the bowl quite quickly. 

Once I applied I sat down with my magazine and a cup of tea (which I could only drink half of as my face went rock hard!) after a short while I could really feel the mask getting stiff although it wasn't an uncomfortable feeling that you usually get with clay masks as they dry - this one still looked wet. 

I was dreading taking this mask off, as on the packaging it was described as a peel off mask which I have to admit are not my favourite type of mask at all. They hurt so much when you peel them off that I often wonder if they are worth the hassle. But this little baby was a dream! If you have ever had a manicure where they use paraffin wax, think of it like that. You just wiggle the bottom of the mask by your chin and slowly lift the mask off your skin and it comes off so easily, so much so that it comes off in one go still fully intact! 

As I mentioned earlier I don't usually see the effects of a mask but this was totally different, as soon I took it off my skin felt smooth as a babies bum, and really plump! Looks wise it looked radiant and glowing and not red and sore at all which I would normally get from a peel off mask. The next day I was still reaping the benefits - I managed to have a no make up day!  

I picked this up in Tesco when the Spa Magik products were on offer but for £3.60 at full price it will definitely be something I pick up again in the future. Generally speaking for me this is on the expensive side as you can pick up a mask from Boots or Superdrug for around the £1 mark but when I know the results are so good I can justify it for a treat when my skin needs a pick me up - which is quite often at the moment. 



Have you ever tried the Spa Magik Mask or anything else from them? 

K x

4 comments :

  1. I'm so glad u like it!!! It's ine of my faves too!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a gem! Can't wait to get another one xx

      Delete
  2. £3.60 full price? Bargain, gonna go find one myself today, thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on! Although I dont think you'll be disappointed in the slightest xx

      Delete