Saturday 19 April 2014

Empties #3


These kind of posts are my favourite as you get to see what people have been using up and you a get a mini review all in one, they are also one of my favourite to write although mine tend to turn into super long reviews because I ramble on so much - hopefully you don't mind too much :) So onto the reason your here...

Radox Coconut Kiss Shower Cream - This has a gorgeous smell about it, think holiday and coconut cocktails. Its fairly moisturising on the skin but nothing I'd write home about. I'm not sure I'd pick this one up again unless maybe if it is on offer when I'm picking up holiday bits. 

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo and Condition - I'd be lying if I said I didn't pick this up purely because of how amazing Nicole Scherzinger looked on all the advertisements - surely I cant be alone?! I also like getting smaller bottles of shampoo and conditioner as my hair always tends to get a bit complaisant after I use the same one for too long. This little duo was great for my dry damaged hair, it really brought it too life and looked and felt a lot stronger and shinier. As with all Herbal Essences products it smelt amazing! I'll definitely be picking up another set in the future. 

Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Daily Gel Wash - Apart from having a really long name (I even shortened it!) this product is a fav of mine. I used this in morning as it had a really fresh smell that woke me up as well as giving my skin a good refresh. It was really gentle on my skin, I even used to wash off the pesky mascara that stuck around after the previous night's cleanse and it didn't sting at all. My current morning cleanser really isnt living up to this one so I'll definitely be repurchasing very soon! 

YSL Top Secrets Eye Make-Up Remover - I received a little sample bottle of this in a set at Christmas and I put off using it for quite sometime as at £24 for 100ml I was worried that I was going to fall in love and want to repurchase but fortunately for my bank balance I really didn't love this. Yes it removed my eye-make up but no better than a micellar water which is a lot more cost effective, it even left an oily residue behind which really didn't sit well with my skin. Its safe to say this is not going to put in my shopping bag anytime soon. 

Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum - I remember this one of my first ever beauty blog induced purchases way back in summer last year! I was so intrigued by all the hype I just had to get it. This for me is right up there in the foundation stakes, it sits well on my skin, gives coverage as its so build-able and didn't break me out at all. It gives a really healthy glow to the skin and blends in so well using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 

Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash - Not much to say about this one in all honesty, it smelt pretty nice, underneath the pomegranate and lemon you can smell the signature Dove scent which is really comforting. It lathered up well in my but I have to say I think next time I'll pass on this one and try something different. 

I hope you liked seeing my recent empties - I'd love to take a look at yours so please do leave a link below!

K x

2 comments :

  1. Ah that Coconut Kiss Radox Shower Gel sounds like it smells incredible... but it's such a shame as their shower gels just aren't very moisturising and I don't find that they lather very well either :( xx
    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Gemma, and the smell along just doesnt make up for the lack of lather :( Thank you for stopping by xx

      Delete